1. Information That We Collect
When you visit our Website, we receive and collect certain information about you. The information that we receive and collect depends in part on what you do when you visit our Website. You may be able to improve your experience on our Website when you tell us who you are - for example, by signing up for email or newsletters, applying for products or services, making inquiries, requesting further information about a product or service, or on surveys.
Some of the information you may submit is personally identifiable information, but much of it is not. Personally identifiable information is information that identifies a particular person. Examples include your name, phone number, address, Social Security number, financial or demographic information. It is possible to browse our Website without actively submitting any personally identifiable information.
We may collect information on the Website for a number of purposes, for example, to better service your requests and/or inquiries, monitor Website usage and/or performance, improve and personalize the customer experience of our Website, ensure technological compatibility with your computer, protect against fraud or identity theft, conduct aggregate analyses on usage patterns, enable participation in discussion groups, foster collaboration efforts, or register you for membership programs or newsletter subscriptions.
Automatically Collected Information
Every time you visit a website, some information is automatically collected from you. For example, this information may include some or all of the following items: your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address and/or domain; type and version of Internet browser software and operating system you use; date, time, and duration of your Website access; specific pages, buttons, images, videos, links, or forms that you access while visiting the Website; and demographic information concerning the country of origin of your computer and the language(s) used by it.
Information Collected via Cookies and Other Similar Technology
We also include web beacons in HTML-formatted email newsletters in order to count how many newsletters (or particular articles, links, etc.) are being accessed.
Current versions of web browsers offer enhanced user controls regarding the placement and duration of both first and third party cookies. Search for “cookies” under your web browser's Help menu for more information on cookie management features available to you.
2. Information You Choose to Submit
For most of the browsing on our Website, we neither require nor collect personally identifiable information. You can browse our Website and take as much time as you want to review our services without having to submit such information.
3. Email Communications
Forms of communication such as, email, text messaging, our Website Contact Us or similar forms, or other forms of electronic communication are inherently insecure. Please refrain from submitting sensitive personal information via e-mail or similar method of communication.
When you send an email to us, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive reply communications from us or our providers electronically. We may retain the content of the email, your email address, and our response in order to better service your needs or for legal and regulatory reasons.
4. Personal Information on Children
We respect the privacy of your children and encourage all parents to supervise their children's computer usage. We do not knowingly collect or retain personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. We advise all visitors to our Website under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any personally identifiable information on our Website. To learn more about the Children's Online Privacy Protect Act (COPPA) please visit the Federal Trade Commission's website at www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html.
5. Third Party Websites
Our Website may contain links to third party websites. These links and pointers to third party websites are not part of our Website. Neither YDS International Inc. nor its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries or parent company make any representations or warranties regarding these third party websites. We are not responsible for any losses or damages in connection with the information, security, privacy practices, availability, content or accuracy of materials of such third party websites. These third party websites might have privacy policies different from us and third party websites may provide less privacy and/or security than our Website. We encourage you to review the privacy and security policies of all third party websites before you share any personally identifiable information.
6. Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
We may sell the personal information that you supply to us and we may work with other third party businesses, including affiliated entities, to bring selected retail opportunities to our members via direct mail, email and telemarketing. These businesses may include providers of direct marketing services and applications, including lookup and reference, data enhancement, suppression and validation and email marketing. If you choose to provide personal information, it may be used for the following purposes:
- Considering you for a loan account;
- Sharing of your information with trusted third parties such as lenders, credit bureaus, and/or other financial services providers;
- To market products and/or services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest.
We reserve the right to share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose data we collect to trusted third parties. Any third party we share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose data to will be carefully prescreened by us, determined by us to be reputable, and will use the personal information for marketing products and services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest.
7. Additional Uses or Sharing of Your Information
Some additional ways we may use your personal information include:
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content;
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information;
- To provide customer feedback and support;
- To provide contests, sweepstakes or other marketing promotional activities on our websites or affiliate websites (personal information may be collected to administer those programs);
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest;
- To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker (We do not store the personal information of the third party. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will only ask for a contact name and email address.);
- To meet contract obligations;
- In response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on us in accordance with their terms, or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities;
- To protect our rights or property, protect our legitimate business interests, to enforce the provisions of our terms or policies, in cases of customer fraud/disputes, and/or to prevent harm to you or others;
- To protect or defend us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, or parent company and any of their officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute;
- As permitted or required by law or as authorized by you.
8. Your Opt-Out Rights
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us and/or our subsidiaries or partners by not submitting your information. We also allow you to remove your information from our database. If you remove your information from our database it will no longer be used by us for secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties, or used by us or third parties to send promotional correspondences to you. You can remove your information by emailing us at compliance@BabbleBug.com.
9. Online Security
We maintain security standards that are designed to protect your information as it is transmitted from your computer to our network. This technology is called Secure Socket Layer (SSL). SSL is the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet and helps to protect the safety and confidentiality of your online banking information.
10. How to Protect Your Personally Identifiable Information
You have a role in helping us by safeguarding your information from others. You have several options when deciding how you can best protect your personally identifiable information. One option is simply not to volunteer it. The Federal Trade Commission's websites (www.ftc.gov, www.ftc.gov/idtheft, and www.onguardonline.gov) offer useful information about how to protect your personally identifiable information.
11. Notice to Persons Accessing this Website outside the United States
If you reside outside the U.S., any information you provide to us on our Website will be transferred out of your country and into the U.S. If you do not want your personally identifiable information to leave your country, do not provide the information to us. By providing personally identifiable information to us, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the U.S.
13. Access to Personal Information
Upon request via email, we will provide you a summary of the types of personal information retained by us. We will only send the response to your email address we have on file for you. You may modify, correct, change, or update your personal record or remove your personal record from our database by sending your request in writing via email to compliance@BabbleBug.com.
14. Questions or Comments
For a copy of this document, use the print command on your web browser.